julianmeynell

Julian Meynell's Books

I like Books.

Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder - 'Paul T. Mason',  'Randi Kreger' The first book I read on Borderline Personality Disorder was the Family Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder also by Randi Kreuger. That book was a life changing experience for me. It might be that this book is just as practically relevant or more so, but I have difficulty objectively comparing the two.

I do think that anyone who has had a loved one with this illness will benefit from reading multiple books on the disease. It is such a difficult disease to understand that repetition is useful. This book is good at addressing the questions that loved ones will have. I certainly found this book very useful and I wish that I had read it years ago. I would recommend it to anyone.

I do think that it should perhaps have been blunter about the need sometimes to have no contact with the person suffering from Borderline Personality, because sometimes, despite the harshness, this is the only way. And I wish that it had more on the necessity of at least thinking about legally protecting yourself. It addresses this, but Borderline Personality Disorder is potentially very dangerous for family and friends.